The City of Edmonton prioritizes the privacy and confidentiality of personal information, adhering to the Alberta Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Here’s what it means for you:
- Informed Collection:
- You will be notified, at the point of collection, about the purpose of gathering your personal information.
- Access Rights:
- You possess the right to access your information.
- Control Over Information:
- You retain control over how the City obtains, uses, and discloses your personal information.
- Consent and Legal Disclosure:
- All uses of information are contingent upon your consent, except when legal disclosure is necessitated.
Web Privacy and Cookies:
- Cookies: This website employs electronic cookies to enhance user experiences. These cookies, containing a session ID, time, date, and other data, are non-executable and virus-free. Once the user leaves the site, the session concludes, and the cookie expires. No user profiles are constructed or individual tracking attempted via cookies. Users can manage cookie settings in their browsers.
- Information shared via e-mail with the Edmonton Historical Board is used exclusively for responding to messages and providing requested information.
- E-mail messages are subject to the Act. Shared personal information is directed only to City of Edmonton areas essential for pertinent business. Retained e-mails required by law undergo a records management process.
For further details, contact the Edmonton Historical Board for comprehensive information on privacy practices. Your privacy matters, and the City of Edmonton is committed to ensuring the responsible handling of your personal information.